This Explains It!!!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Getting Old!

My left foot has been hurting for the last month or so, I've just ignored it, and I didn't injure it so I didn't want to go in. Well after a fun time over the weekend my foot was really bothering me this morning so I finally went in and what do you know, I have some old lady problem.  Plantar Fasciitis is what they call it. It happens when you are on your feet all day and you have flat feet, the Doc says as you get older parts of your body get inflamed, like arthritis. It never goes away, you can get shots for the pain, and sometimes surgery, sometimes a foot doc will make you a linning to use in your shoes, but it never goes away. She smiled and said, it sucks getting old - sorry, take some asprin and let me know how it feels in a few weeks. Yup, gettin up there now :(

3 comments:

  1. Talking to my mom last night, and she had the same Plantar Fasciitis thing in her feet. She did the stretches they advised and nothing seemed to help the pain. but then she got one of thos "arthritis" bracelets, the copper ones with magnets. Hers cost about $60, it is very heavy, and has magnets about the size of watch batteries. She said her feet haven't hurt a bit since. Thought I would pass on the info....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer, I've heard that really can hurt and from what your saying - certainly sounds like it. Check up on it some more. I've heard there is relief for it. Maybe surgery, not sure. Husband kicking seems to help I hear... just kidding. Gotta tell you though, OLD wasn't in my vocabulary at 30. At 60+ I'm beginning to consider the possiblity. Tiffany says a bracelet, but could that be a anklet too so as to be closer to the source of the pain. Don't know, heard mostly good about the magnet therapy. Later

    ReplyDelete