This Explains It!!!

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day 6

Today we went to mount rushmore. It was really neat. It was really really neat. When we got to the top and could see it all....it just got quite, the kids just looked up - I turned around and there were all the flags from every state, it was just a sense of pride, a sense of compassion and a shared love for this country. I'm part Mexican and Part German/Indian. My Pops is a Marine, he is so proud to be an american. We went into the exhibits and saw the videos, what Mount Rushmore stands for and how long it took it to be built. I'm not sure if the kids really got or not, but I did. I know it seems like a small thing but I never thought I would go see it, I've seen it on cups, on shirts but not in person. It started walking out and it started raining, I was still smiling. Man it got so cold so quick, we were driving by and saw a bear babyland, so we couldn't pass up baby bears. They were so cute....the kids loved it. Hunter kept pointing and laughing. We made it to somewhere in SD, I know we 95 miles from Siox Falls, SD - thats where we were trying to make it but Hunter had different plans.

1 comment:

  1. So Cool!!! I can't wait to see Mt Rushmore. Lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete