This Explains It!!!

Monday, May 10, 2010

You know you always see those commercials where the baby is running naked with Mom running behind him, a huge smile on her face calling him her little one and the "little one" laughing and giggling, the then product and then she is holding the baby dressed and saying that nothing is too good for her bundle of joy............well they never show you her cleaning up the water from the bath, or him yanking on his poor family jewels so hard they turn blue and she is telling him to stop thinking about his future wife. Oh no the TV world would never show you that! But I will - I will show you what I see and today that "little one" with the blue jewels, yup he's mine. I put him in the bathtub earlier and as I cleaned the bathroom he threw water every where. I let it go I'm going to clean it up not too big of a deal at least that way I get the bathroom cleaned up. Well he kept getting out of the tub and running into the bedroom then I would ask him if he was all done (with that big smile on my face, in my mommy voice) and he would smile, Noooooo and jump back into the tub. We did this for almost an hour, my Mommy voice was getting weak, but he was having a good time and I almost had the bathroom clean inbetween running after him. Then I finally get him rinsed, get a diaper on him, the room cleaned and all the suds cleaned up that were everywhere and I'm taking the dirty clothes downstairs. I can hear him playing so I'm good with not having him right in front of me. I sort all the clothes which for us is alot and I hear him giggling. I ask him what he's doing and he doesn't answer only grunts. So I go to see what all the noise is about and he is standing at the top of his slide completely naked holding his jewels that are now turning three different shades of blue, grunting - he looks up and smiles at me slides down and starts running. At that point I'm just tired, he hasn't napped all day and I know that I have to make dinner soon. I sat down and asked him where his diaper was. He does another lap before he runs over to the blue basket that we keep his clean diapers in. Hey - at least he put it away. I tell him that we need to put his diaper on and he comes back from a three lap stretch at high speed pointing at his jewels. So I explain to him what they are and tell him "Yup, just like Daddy" Using my mommy voice again. Well, that was my mistake. The kid Loves his Daddy and Misses him during the day. It sent him into a crazed high pitched voice. With one hand on the jewels and the other keeping him balanced and upright he sprinted once again. "Daddy", "Daddy", "Daddy", over and over and over again. I just took a deep breath, yeah it was cute but come on! Put the diaper on before you pee kid, thats the only thing that was going through my mind. I caught him mid stride in the living room and for the last time today using my Mommy voice I smiled and got his diaper on - 5 seconds flat..............Yayyyyyy Mommy. Then another 10 to get the shorts on and he was off again. And now to dinner.......

2 comments: