This Explains It!!!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Chase Karate

So today was Chase's first tournament at the Y. He did his Kata then and I thought he did really well. He messed up a little bit at the end that caused one of the judges to give him a 5.5 so he wasn't in the finals for Kata. He got a participation trophy. Then came the sparring! That was really cool. I've never seen a Karate tournament and let me tell you if Sparring isn't the highlight of it. They actually fight each other. Some of those kids were matrixing it up. Chase got 2nd place! 2nd Place! it was his first time competeing and it was great! He was so excited. It was so great to see him really try and he loved it. I have tons of pictures and the video of it that if I have time I am going to put up but it was really Neat!!! So proud of him he was Awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Chase! That's so great that he has found an outlet he enjoys!

    ReplyDelete