This Explains It!!!

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Car Wash

Not only does the Navy Reserves request all of your time as but when you are a  Chief Select Petty Officer you are required to do Car Wash's and good ones at that! :) Today Steve and the rest of the guys worked really hard and washed a ton of cars! They earned $634.00 dollars. Actually double that, the owners of one of the local business's said they would match what ever they made. Awesome! They have to raise money as part of the fundraising to give back to the mess. Its the first time since we have been here that I have seen Navy personnel outside of a base. I drove up and I saw the shirts and them running around, it made me sad that we don't live on base anymore. I remember when the Selectee's had to pump your gas and they took donations for that. It was so neat to see the car wash. The kids and I made signs that we held out in front of the car wash and yelled at people to come get their car washed. Even Hunter was out there with me Hooping and Hollering. It was fun. Me and the girls spent all day Friday making cookies, and cupcakes, and brownies, and I mean all freakin day!!! My genius but forgot that Friday was a holiday and woke everyone up at 0 dark Hundred, once I realized they didn't have school it was too late. So I mean we were cooking aaaallllll day.........but it was for a good cause and the girls loved telling everyone at the car wash that they made those.

No comments:

Post a Comment