This Explains It!!!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Doing good, real good

The other day I had someone ask me how I was doing, how I had been since it had been awhile since I had seen this individual. My reply was simple and honest. Doing good, real good. Later as I let this person peer but a glimpse into the demons in my life, she stated I just asked you how you were and you said you were good. As I listened to myself state the issues for that moment, some how I was not over come, I was not upset, I was not quivering as the words left my lips, instead I smiled, I joked about the hardships that me and my family deal with on a daily basis, I took a deep breath - and I was good. In the midst of everything going on some how God has brought me something I have not been praying for, something I didn't think was possible, something I wouldn't have prayed for, but God knew, God knew what I needed. Among all the turmoil God has given me peace. A peace I didn't even realize I had till the other night. A peace that warms your heart to know that even though you may be questioning God and all his glory, he still finds time to answer your hearts prayers, even when you don't know what to pray about. Or how to ask for help. God hears what your mouth can't say. Those moments when you hear your own heartbeat, those moments that seem to last forever, those moments when you look at your life and think - what the hell is going on. God hears you. And I couldn't ask for anything better.

1 comment: