This Explains It!!!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Relative or Family Member???

 Had a chat with my Pops........I love my Pop. He is such a good person, I mean he's one of those people that you are drawn too. I haven't met anyone that didn't like him. He is just a like-able guy. When things are bad I know I can call him and he will tell me how good they are. He always has a smile on his face and you can see it threw the phone. When we talked this time he was telling me once again how he hates to see that I am yet again a loner in my own family. He knows more about what is going on with my family half the time than I do. Why? Well cause he's a great guy and is easy to talk to. Because no matter what I do I will always be an outcast in my own family. Its weird you know, you grow up in the same house as someone, share a room next to them for more than half your life and today you would never know it. It makes me sick to my stomach to think of sitting at a table with that part of my family. Its really just sad....my Pop always says, your family is who lives under your roof, who you wake up and see every day, who knows you today and tomorrow, and their day to day life would change if you weren't there. The rest well their just relatives. So maybe I'm not an outcast in my family. Maybe I have more relatives than I thought. And maybe I'm not the outcast. Maybe Pop is right - Maybe I'm the head of my family, me and my husband. And maybe just maybe my Pop will see me smiling through the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment