This Explains It!!!

Friday, August 13, 2010

Listen

Last week I heard someone give advice to another person. It was simple and to the point, and yet I struggle with it. "Try listening to God, talk to him - but spend some time really listening" It seems like such an easy task. Just listen, ok I can listen - I hear things everyday this should be no different. Shut my mouth and open my ears. But when I do this there are a million things going through my mind. I turn it off and nothing happens, I sit there and wonder what am I suppose to be doing? Is this a waste of my time? Why can't I hear him? Am I doing this right? There is a huge difference between the word listen and hear. Hear is when you know someone is talking or something is going on but you haven't taken it in and processed it. You haven't allowed your heart to accept it. We pray so much and ask God for so much, do we ever stop and listen? And if you do, what do you do if you don't hear anything. I have heard God's voice before! Its the most amazing feeling you will ever have in your entire life. I think its harder when you have heard it and then when you try to listen you don't hear it. Like on that movie Men in Black - Will Smith says " You know what they say, its better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all" and the other guy says "Try it". So when you are down and out, or even on top of clouds this week, take the time to listen....you just might hear an amazing voice - I hope I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment