This Explains It!!!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Our New Garden

Last year I tried for the first time, planting a garden. I only did tomatoes and cucumbers. It worked out pretty good. I got the wrong kind of tomatoes I got the little one, and I wanted Big Boys so I was a little disappointed, but happy that they grew non the less. This year I'm going all out and praying it works out. If it doesn't my wonderful mother in-law that yes.......still lives with us will never let me live it down. Its been an event to get the garden going but tons of fun! The boys were camping and Steve was working so me and the girls were on our own this weekend. And we had a blast. We started at Jen's house two houses down, scoped out her garden, how she built it and why. Didn't know I would have to build a raised garden but apparently the soil around here isn't really soil, its clay! Who would've thunk it. So off to the Depot we went, measured up, lumbered it, and then ordered the dirt, only fill dirt cause topsoil by the yard is crazy expennsive......dug we did and pulled out the rocks, filled the box we built and in the end we planted - onions, carrots, grean beans, beets, and lettuce. All that should make it for the last frost. And because we ROCK! the girls painted the box's white and painted some flowers on them...... oh yeah....my girls rock!!!

1 comment:

  1. YOU rock! Especially if you can keep it alive!! Good for you.

    Heather and Paul got married at the Bangor chapel and had their reception at Island Lake. Made me think of you....=)

    ReplyDelete