This Explains It!!!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Last Days of Wrestling

Well another season is over, and I already miss it. The last practice for Will was Thursday - he was going to compete in a tournament on the 12th but due to an injury he won't be in anymore tournaments till next season. Its sad watching him put his shoes away, hanging up his head gear. I worry that maybe next year he won't want to take them down again. I didn't realize how much I love wrestling till I started doing it with my boy. It binds us, its like this thing that me and him know about, a lingo that only we know. Its hard sometimes to feel linked to the kids in a special way when you have the day to day junk going on. Wrestling was a way for me to be close to Will. A common interest. And he is Great at it! The way thinks about the moves, two steps ahead. The aggression and satisfaction he gets when he steps on the mat. He's much better than he realizes. I am so proud of him, just from last year he has grown so much. He did camp and freestyle over the summer. Keeping him likined in somehow is the key I think. We are still talking about the MMA and teaching him that one. But for now, the awards ceremony on the 16th is the last thing this year he will take part in. Other than the NCAA and being a spectator!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment