This Explains It!!!

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Philly

So we got up today and headed to Philadelphia and we saw where the constitution of the United States was not only written but signed. We saw the courts, the liberty bell, Ben Franklin's grave and we toured the Building were George Washington and the great fathers of America once walked. I looked and stared at the actual seat that George Washington sat when he heard the countries cries for independence from England. I think every American Citizen should have to take a tour of the area; it gives you a sense of pride. If you watch the people come out of the tour, and their heads are held a little higher. I don't think history is put into the schools enough, my kids walked out with their father and not only did he feel like the last 12 years of his life were for the greater good, but his kids understood just a little bit more of the reasons he joined the United States Navy. My Pop is a Marine, once a marine, always a marine. And I watched him as he gazed upon the Liberty Bell. He took a deep breath, almost as if he was trying to breath in the freedom. He smiled the way only he can - the kind of smile that makes you know there is good in the world. That day I saw a Marine and a Sailor Proud of their Country and it’s an honor to be in their presence. I am a Proud American!

No comments:

Post a Comment