This Explains It!!!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Riplie

Two days ago we brought home 2 rescue cats. One boy - Riplie, and one sister - Daisy. They are both very lovable and sweet cats. They are 5 years old and they are just so cute. Tonight were sitting down starting to watch tv after dinner and the kids rush over, "We think one of the cats is inside the wall, stuck in there", Yeah right I said just kinda laughed and tried to get comfortable, then I hear the drill going - I jump up rush over to the dining room and see Chase standing up on a  chair unscrewing the grate for the vent that is on the wall. He opens it we look in, and see nothing. I am thinking that these kids have really just lost it this time when I hear a quiet, yet desperate.......mmmmeeeeoooowwwwww. OMG I jump into action - where is he, are we sure its him - we check the hiding place and only Daisy is there so yup its him all right. I'm short really short so standing on the chair to see inside the vent just nsn't cutting it, so I put Mia on my shoulders give her a flashlight and ask her what she see's. Nothing Nothing Nothing, but the cry from Riplie gets louder. Chase comes running down the stairs - I found her I found her. She's in your bathroom vent. We run upstairs and there's the vent with a tail coming out of it. Then wait where did it go? The tail is gone and a long cry comes from the vent. We were there for almost ten minutes calling her and trying to coax her out. I was out of ideas, the kids wanted me to go rent a jack hammer and open up the floor. Since that wasn't going to happen I did the next best thing. Had Mia run over to my friend / neighbors house. Get her, two heads are better than one and I had no idea what to do. I keep using a mirror to look and see where she was and she isn't getting any closer. Linda comes in and while I'm explaining what is going on there goes the tail again, out and waving around. I look at it look at Linda "Should I pull on it" "yes.yes. yes." I gave a few hard tugs, allowed for her body to turn and come out a quick on and out she came. Put here down and she walked around like it never happened. We made sure the vent was closed this time. Just a regular night here at the Boyer residence. :)

1 comment: