This Explains It!!!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Best Buy - Worst Buy

A few days ago I woke up and smelt smoke, I was asleep downstairs with Hunter, Steve's working the outage and needs the sleep so when Hunter started having a melt down at 2am, I took him down stairs with me. So the smoke - I smelt it looked down at me feet and saw it, closed my chair up and looked around, couldn't find anything, checked the fire place but its gas and behind a piece of glass so it didn't come from there, but I checked it anyways. Couldn't find anything, turned off the fireplace, moved away and went back to sleep. When the kids woke up I told them what happened, they looked and found my computer's power cord had melted, then cut in half. So the heat from the fireplace melted the plastic coating and warmed the wires, when I shut my chair I completed the cycle and cut the wires. So now I have no power cord. The computer is from Best Buy so I called them and they priced me at $69.00 for a blasted cord!!!! Really????? No Really????? That's insane!!!! Looked at Amazon and you wouldn't believe the price! $8.00, 8 yup I said 8 dollars!!! That's crazy good!!!!!! So ordered my cord, cost 14 with shipping and handling and got it yesterday. So I say Best Buy is really the WORST BUY!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I agree. My brother-in-law used to work there, and he says the highest markup is on cords!

    ReplyDelete