This Explains It!!!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Simon

The Lord gave Simon a new name when he began following Jesus. Cephas, it means a rock in Greek, that was the name the Lord chose for him. What would your name be if you were to be renamed. I would want to be something like brave, or loyal. But where I am today what would I actually be called??? I once new a guy named Simon in the 4th or 5th grade. I had a small crush on him, but I never told anyone.  He was the short brown little guy that had to sit on his feet when he ate lunch to be the same height as everyone else at the table. He sat next to my boyfriend Adam Sanchez. OOooooh he was dreamy :) He was the football player and I was the cheerleader. I have come very far since those days. Those days I would say that the Lord would have given me a great name. But something happens when you get older. I heard a sermon the other day about this. When you are little everything is black and white. You know right from wrong with no doubt. Because you have tested your boundaries. As you get older you seem to see in Gray. Now I have been told on more than one occasion that everything is not black and white and that there are no absolutes. I always argue that it is either black or white and that is the end of it. Either its right or wrong . There's no in between. I have stuck by that and it has cost me in more ways than one. But I would rather stick to my beliefs and have the possiblity of being renamed something beautiful in Gods kingdom, than be accepted here on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment