This Explains It!!!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Radioactive!!!

Today I went to the cardiologist. I had to have a stress test done. I got in there and they hooked me up to the sticky's and gave me an IV. The wires were hooked up to my chest and stomach. I had an IV in one arm and a blood pressure cuff on the other. My temperature was taken every few minutes, and the BP was taken in between. I had to get on the treadmill with all the connections, and every 30 seconds the speed and incline would go up. Once my heart rate got to where they wanted it I had to run for 1 minute in that speed with that heart rate, then they pushed the Isatopes. Its not a dye, its Isatopes! Who knows what that means but that is what they told me. The Isatope was put in my IV and I am  RADIOACTIVE for the next 3 days, The isatope will then have half the life in my system. Every 3 days the isatope will decay a little more till its completely out of my system. Until then I have to stay away from Hunter so it doesnt absorb in his skin. The nurse said holding him was fine but sleeping with him for hours was not ok, at least till the first round of decay. After the Isatope was in my system they put me in a tube, like a CAT scan only the machine moves instead of you. It picks up the energy that the isatope gives off and takes pictures. It takes 64 pictures in 20 minutes. I had pictures taken at 9 this morning and then 3 hours later. I should get my results tomorrow morning. I thought it was going to be a lot more running and jumping or something. Did not think I would go home being radioactive! Ha hahahahahahaha...............I'm not glowing or anything and I don't feel any different but I know the isatope is still in my system. Kinda kool.

No comments:

Post a Comment