This Explains It!!!

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Laptop

My computer has been screwing up lately. Taking forever to boot up and just acting funny....isn't it weird how you give your equipment a personality. Well anyways Steve told me that he noticed it also and that we have to keep in mind how long these systems are suppose to last, and that maybe I might want to shut it down at night. I know I should do that - Thats not new to me, but I never do. Nope never do it - so I'm going to try and remember to do it this week. He suggested that I save all my stuff but most of the stuff on my system is college which I can save to a thumb drive no problem but the big part is pictures. I'm not sure how I should back them up or what exactly I should do with that. I have years of pictures on this thing. gonna have to do some research on that one.

2 comments:

  1. Buy a 300 Gbyte USB external hard drive. Plug it in (sets itself up and gives itself a drive letter) and copy every thing you want to save to it. I have all my pictures copied to one and on the computer hard drive (two copies then) and once a year I make another copy to DVD/CD. Thus 3 copies of all past years. Just about everything else can be rebuilt, can't get back pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. An external hard drive is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete