This Explains It!!!

Friday, January 15, 2010

Last night chase was being very rude and disrespectful to Steve, so Steve disceplined him. Well Barbra was in the living room and she got up and started stomping over and saying that he needed to stop so I stood in front of her and told her that she needed to go to the other room. and of course she got loud and said that she is going to call the law on us and that its over something stupid and I told her that she needed to mind her business and let steve discipline his son. Then Steve came in and told her to keep her opinions to herself or go to her room, so she walked up stairs and kept running her mouth the entire time. She didn't come back out of her room. This morning Steve got off of work early and it was just the three of us at the house so I asked if we were going to discuss what happened last night because I was not comfortable with the situation. Steve said fine then talk about it, I looked at Barbra not really knowing how to start and sh yelled well you guys can talk about it then I dont' have anything to do with it. I told her that she did and that I didn't agree with what was being said last night and she went on to say how she is going to tell everyone outside the home what goes on and that they are her blood relatives and I get Steve going and that its over stupid stuff and that I hit angela on the head with the brush but not Mia, I told her I do it to both of them and that she doesn't even know what goes on half the time and she kept telling me how two of them are her grandbabies and that she is blood to them. I told her I didn't care and that they are all mine.She said that the kids go to school crying all the time and its my fault that thats why she doesn't come down in the morning, I told her the only time the kids cryed was when she came down and since she hasn't come down we haven't had any problems that she was the cause of the problems cause she is always on them and always on me, that I am hearing her say that I'm a bad mom, and she said oh your trying to turn me and Steve against each other, I said where is that coming from what did I do that has displayed that in anyway - she goes well you want to, I said well I'mm glad you know what I want and what I feel because apparently you know and I don't, then she said that last night I came after - I told her oh no If I ever come after you - you will know it, all I did was stand in your way, that I wasn't going to let her yell at Steve while he was disciplining his son. Then Steve yellled at me to be quiet and he started yelling at his mom, telling her she has no right to get in between him and his son and that the kids need to be disciplined and she needs to keep her opinion to herself.She said that I made him mad over something stupid an then he got on Chase, the disciplining had nothing to do with me! It was the way he was talking to his father not me! This went on and on and on, she said the same thing and that she  was goin to tell everybody else and that she is going to call or someone else will, and that the kids tell her how I make them stay outside in the cold for hours, and I do this and I do that. I walked out, grabbed Hunter and went upstairs, I got dressed and  got him dressed and left. As I drove around and cried I relized that I have no where to go. I have no friends to go to and calm me down I don't even know how to be tto a damn park cause I took the car and the GPS is in the SUV. I went 10 miles in freakin circles, the only damn roads I know. I pulled into a parking lot and stayed there for awhile, I feel like I'm always being told that I'm doing wrong when it comes to Steve's kids, by him, and now by his mother. I love my husband and I love my kids I really do and I will miss the hell out of them if I were to leave but I don't want to be here. I don't want to get in the way of Steve and his mom - I know how it feels to not really have a mom but she's there but she's not really there. I thought with his mom being here then maybe I might have a real mom, you know one that cares about you no matter what her latest boyfriend says or what weird mood she's in, one that willl love you and show you that she loves you, not be all fake to your face and then to the rest of the family tell how bad and horrible you are. But I guess that was a foolish wish, I shouldhave known better, I do know better, I knew better when my mom said she was going to be a real mother and I knew better when I though Barbra would think I was a good person, and might possibly look at me as a daughter. I knowbetter, I did this to myslef I did. And now I have to deal with it. I have been thinking about moving with my Pops, I mean he's always shown me he would be there for me no matter what. He may not always agree with my decisions or how I live my life but he has always respectfully told me how he felt and still shown his love for me as me, not as what I can do for him but as me. The only thing is I love my husband, I don't want ot leave him but I don't know what to do. I can't have everything the way I want it, I don't want to live this way. I should have put up more of a fight when Steve told me he wanted to move, I left everything, and now I live in a house with a loving husband, two kids that I thought I was being a good mother too but I guess I got that wrong, his mother who doesnt approve of me in anyway and is going to tell everyone about how mean I am and then theres my kids. I am in my bathroom crying and writing this because I don't know what else to do. Steve left with his mom to go get her mail, they were leaving as I pulled up. He gave me a hug and asked if I was ok, I just walked into the house, I don't get it how can he just go somewhere with her, maybe I'm being to sensitive. Hunter has been sick and I haven't slept much, its probably just me. I need to just suck it up and get my chores done, I'm whining now andd I shouldn't be. I have a great husband and kids and a house and I don't haveto work and yet I find faults, I'm such a negative person. I need to just stop, I need to relax and be thankful for what I have, and next time I need to GO after his mom like I freakin wanted to and that will shut her ass up. I am fine, I just need to be more understanding and less sensitive. I can do this, I can, just bite your tongue, you made your bed and now you lie in it.

3 comments:

  1. Whoa whoa whoa. This doesn't sound like you. Remember, Steve loves you and you two are a team. From everything you said, it sounds like Steve is not angry with you. He probably just wishes Barbara could get along with you, and he loves both of you. He's torn in two. But he's on your side. Barbara has no business trying to involve herself in the disciplining of your children. Have faith in yourself. You're a great mom and wife. You have a million stresses going on right now, and you are doing great! Try not to let her bother you. Try to find peace with yourself, and keep calm. It's YOUR house. It's your marriage and your kids. It's really hard to have an additional person living with you, and this is a test of your marriage. Try to remember that problems between you hurt Steve, and he's just trying to do what he thinks is right by taking care of her. He can't abandon her, and he doesn't want to lose you either. Your feelings are very important, and justified, and valid!! I think you should let Steve know your feelings. But contemplating leaving is dangerous, and will make Steve feel like he has to choose between 2 people he despretately loves....I'm here for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is YOUR marriage. Like she said. You can review your day and calm yourself. That is all you were doing. I do it quite often myself. It was very ok to have the meeting. I think it shows an attempt at team work. Maybe another between you and Steve could have been done after? Or not. Its all your choice. You really don't give yourself enough credit. I see so much great in you Becki. I have faith in you. God sees great in you. Your kids see this too. Everyone does. Why else do we miss you so much? We know a good thing! That's why!! I love you. Always will. Believe in your heart and strength. You have been through much worse. Remember that. You have been lower than low before. I know you have. And you are here now. Stronger and living and smarter and darn good looking too! ;) Hugs! Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg first of all you are a wonerfull mom you treat all of the kids the same way yuo dont just treat mia or billy diffrent cuz there your and you dont treat angila or chase diffrent just cuz yuor a step mom to them you treat all of them the same steaves mom for what i understood is only seeing half of your parenting the kids will nrver leasrn if you dont punish them

    ReplyDelete